• do cover or wrap the food, particularly if it has a strong
• position food so that air can circulate freely around it
Hints for refrigeration
Meat (all types) : wrap in polythene bags and place on the
glass shelf above the vegetable drawer.
For safety, store in this way only one or two days at the
Cooked foods, cold dishes, etc..: these should be covered
and may be placed on any shelf.
Fruit and vegetables: these should be thoroughly cleaned
and placed in the special drawer(s) provided.
Butter and cheese: these should be placed in special air-
tight containers or wrapped in aluminium foil or polythene
bags to exclude as much air as possible.
Milk bottles: these should have a cap and should be stored
in the bottle rack on the door.
Bananas, potatoes, onions and garlic, if not packed, must
not be kept in the refrigerator.
Hints for freezing
To help you make the most of the freezing process, here
are some important hints:
• the maximum quantity of food which can be frozen in
24 hrs. is shown on the rating plate;
• the freezing process takes 24 hours. No further food to
be frozen should be added during this period;
• only freeze top quality, fresh and thoroughly cleaned,
• prepare food in small portions to enable it to be rapidly
and completely frozen and to make it possible subse-
quently to thaw only the quantity required;
• wrap up the food in aluminium foil or polythene and
make sure that the packages are airtight;
• do not allow fresh, unfrozen food to touch food which
is already frozen, thus avoiding a rise in temperature
of the latter;
• lean foods store better and longer than fatty ones; salt
reduces the storage life of food;
• water ices, if consumed immediately after removal from
the freezer compartment, can possibly cause the skin
to be freeze burnt;
• it is advisable to show the freezing in date on each
individual pack to enable you to keep tab of the storage
Hints for storage of frozen food
To obtain the best performance from this appliance, you
• make sure that the commercially frozen foodstuffs were
adequately stored by the retailer;
• be sure that frozen foodstuffs are transferred from the
foodstore to the freezer in the shortest possible time;
• not open the door frequently or leave it open longer
than absolutely necessary.
• Once defrosted, food deteriorates rapidly and cannot
• Do not exceed the storage period indicated by the food
Care and cleaning
Caution! Unplug the appliance before carrying out
any maintenance operation.
This appliance contains hydrocarbons in its cooling
unit; maintenance and recharging must therefore
only be carried out by authorized technicians.
The equipment has to be cleaned regularly:
• clean the inside and accessories with lukewarm water
and some neutral soap.
• regularly check the door seals and wipe clean to ensure
they are clean and free from debris.
• rinse and dry thoroughly.
Important! Do not pull, move or damage any pipes and/
or cables inside the cabinet.
Never use detergents, abrasive powders, highly perfumed
cleaning products or wax polishes to clean the interior as
this will damage the surface and leave a strong odour.
Clean the condenser (black grill) and the compressor at
the back of the appliance with a brush or a vacuum cleaner.