Grilling must be carried out with the oven door
closed. The grill pan handles must be removed
from the pan.
How to Use the Grill
1. Turn the oven control function knob to
2. Turn the thermostat control knob to the required
3. Adjust the grid and grill pan runner position to allow
for different thicknesses of food. Position the food
close to the element for faster cooking and further
away for more gentle cooking.
Preheat the grill on a full setting for a few minutes before
sealing steaks or toasting. Adjust the heat setting and
the shelf as necessary, during cooking.
During cooking, the thermostat control light will operate
in the same way as described for the fan oven function.
Hints and Tips
- Most foods should be placed on the grid in the grill
pan to allow maximum circulation of air and to lift
the food out of the fats and juices. Food such as
fish, liver and kidneys may be placed directly on
the grill pan, if preferred
- Food should be thoroughly dried before grilling to
minimise splashing. Brush lean meats and fish lightly
with a little oil or melted butter to keep them moist
- Accompaniments such as tomatoes and mushrooms
may be placed underneath the grid when grilling meats
- When toasting bread, we suggest that the top runner
position is used.
- The food should be turned over during cooking, as
The grill element is controlled by the thermostat.
During cooking, the grill cycles on and off to
Type of food
Mins per side
2 - 5
15 - 20
5 - 8
6 - 12
10 - 15
Sausages (turning as required)
10 - 12
Steaks (average thickness)
3 - 6
6 - 10
Well done 8 - 12
1 - 1
Cooking time depends on the thickness of the meat and
not on its weight.