Before using your dishwasher for the first time:
1. Ensure that the electrical and water connections comply
with the installation instructions
2. Remove all packaging from inside the appliance
3. Set the water softener
4. Pour 1 litre of water inside the salt container and then fill
with dishwasher salt
5. Fill the rinse aid dispenser
The water softener
The dishwasher is equipped with a water softener designed to
remove minerals and salts from the water supply, which would
have a detrimental or adverse effect on the operation of the
The higher the content of these minerals and salts, the harder
your water is.
Water hardness is measured in equivalent scales, Clarke
degrees, French degrees and mmol/l (millimol per litre).
The softener should be adjusted according to the hardness of
the water in your area. Your local Water Authority can advise
you on the hardness of the water in your area.
The water softener must be set in both ways: manually, using
the water hardness dial and electronically, using the function
push buttons on the control panel.
a) Setting manually
1. Open the dishwasher door.
2. Remove the lower basket from the dishwasher.
3. Turn the water hardness dial to position 1 or 2 (see table).
4. Replace the lower basket.
The dishwasher is factory set
at position 2.
b) Setting electronically
(The dishwasher must be switched off)
The dishwasher is factory set at level 5.
1. Press the On/Off button. The On/Off indicator light
illuminates (setting mode).
If a programme button indicator light is on, this means that
a washing programme has been set. The programme must
be cancelled: press simultaneously the function buttons 2
and 3 for about 2 seconds.
All the indicator lights will turn off (except for the On/Off
indicator light and eventually salt and rinse aid indicator
lights) indicating that the set programme has been
cancelled and the machine is now in setting mode.
2. Press simultaneously function buttons 2 and 3, until the
indicator lights of the function buttons 1, 2 and 3 start
3. Press the function button 1, the indicator lights of function
buttons 2 and 3 turn off while the indicator light of the
button 1 goes on flashing, at the same time the indicator
light END starts to flash.
The current level is indicated by the number of flashes of
the indicator light END (see chart).
Example: 5 flashes = level 5
4. To change the level, press button 1. Each time the button is
pressed the level changes. (For the selection of the new
level see the chart).
if the current level is 5, by pressing button 1 once, level 6 is
if the current level is 10, by pressing button 1 once, level 1
5. To memorise the operation, switch off the dishwasher by
pressing the On/Off button or wait about 60 seconds after
which the dishwasher will automatically return to setting
Prior to using for the first time
(millimol per litre,
international unit for the
hardness of water)
64 - 88
53 - 63
46 - 52
36 - 45
28 - 35
23 - 27
18 - 22
13 - 17
5 - 12
9,0 - 12,5
6,5 - 7,5
5,1 - 6,4
4,0 - 5,0
3,3 - 3,9
2,6 - 3,2
1,9 - 2,5
0,7 - 1,8
91 - 125
76 - 90
65 - 75
51 - 64
40 - 50
33 - 39
26 - 32
19 - 25
7 - 18
Adjusting the water
flashes of the