Using the Appliance
Remove all packaging and securing tapes. Wash
inside the appliance with lukewarm water and
bicarbonate of soda (5 ml to 0,5 litre of water). Do not
use soap or detergent as the smell may linger. Dry
Do not use detergents, abrasive powders,
highly perfumed cleaning products, wax
polishes or products containing alcohol.
To Start the Appliance
1. Allow the appliance to stand for 2 hrs after
2. Plug in the appliance and switch on at the mains
3. Slide the 'fast freeze' switch to the right (yellow
indicator light will illuminate) and leave to run for 4
hours to allow the correct temperature to be
reached before placing food inside.
4. The red indicator light will also illuminate until the
correct temperature is reached.
5. When the appliance has reached the set
temperature and the red indicator light has gone
out slide the 'fast freeze' switch back to the left.
The temperature within the freezer is controlled by the
thermostat control knob situated on the control panel.
0 = Off
Turning the thermostat control knob clockwise makes
the temperature progressively colder.
Freezing Fresh Food
It is important that fresh food placed in the freezer is
frozen quickly and that the food already in the freezer
is heated as little as possible.
If more than 3-4 kg of food is to be frozen:
1. Slide the fast freeze switch (d) to the right 6-24
hours before placing the fresh food in the freezer,
the yellow light will illuminate. The compressor will
now run continuously, to ensure that the fresh food
is frozen as quickly as possible.
2. Place the food in the freezing compartment and
leave the 'fast freeze' switch on for a further 24