Enhancing the bass tones
• The TRUBASS* indicator lights in the display.
• This function enhances the bass tones by increasing
the level of the low-range frequencies. When the
SW-VS10 is connected, the bass tones of the
subwoofer are also enhanced.
To cancel TRUBASS mode, press
• The TRUBASS mode does not function when the headphones are
• If a thudding noise is heard from the subwoofer when this
function is turned on, lower the subwoofer level. Otherwise, the
subwoofer may be damaged due to an excessive input level of
TruBass and the
symbol are trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc. in
the United States and selected foreign countries. TruBass
technology is incorporated under license from SRS Labs, Inc.
Listening to sound clearly at low
Press NIGHT MODE.
• Sounds become clear.
• Use this function when it is difficult to output high
volumes such as late at night.
To cancel NIGHT MODE, press NIGHT MODE again.
• The NIGHT MODE does not function when the headphones are
• Volume cannot be decreased using this button. To decrease the
volume, press VOLUME N (or VOL – on the remote control).
Adjusting the subwoofer level
Subwoofer level can be adjusted when a subwoofer is
Pressing SUBWOOFER + increases the level,
while pressing SUBWOOFER – decreases the
• The level can be adjusted within the range –20 dB to +10 dB.
• If a thudding noise is heard from the subwoofer when the
TRUBASS function is turned on or when you play a bass-
enhanced source such as 5.1 channel Dolby Digital or DTS which
contains Low Frequency Effect, lower the subwoofer level.
Otherwise, the subwoofer may be damaged due to an excessive
input level of low-bass signal.
Muting the sound temporarily
• “Mute ON” is displayed when the sound is muted.
To return to the original volume level, press MUTE again.
Pressing VOL+/– also cancels the muting mode and adjusts
the volume level.
You can use convenient functions with the remote control
during a playback.
USING CONVENIENT FUNCTIONS
(When the subwoofer