Connecting external components
Connecting game consoles or video camcorders
Use the VIDEO AUX jacks on the front panel to temporarily connect devices such as a game console or
video camcorder to the receiver.
Select the V-AUX input to use these connected devices.
When connecting an HDMI compatible device
Connect the HDMI output of the device to the HDMI IN jack of the VIDEO AUX.
When connecting an non-HDMI compatible device
Connect the video and audio outputs of the device to the VIDEO or S-VIDEO, and AUDIO or
OPTICAL jacks of the VIDEO AUX.
Connecting a multi-format player or an external decoder
This unit has 8 sets of input jacks (FRONT L/R, CENTER, SURROUND L/R, SUR. BACK L/R and
SUBWOOFER) to input multi-channel analog sound signals. If your playback component, such as a
DVD player or SACD player, has multi-channel analog output capability, you can enjoy up to 7.1-
channel multi-channel sound. To output multi-channel sound, connect the audio output jacks of your
playback component to the MULTI CH INPUT jacks of this unit, and set the input source of this unit to
• Be sure to turn down the volume when connecting this unit and the other devices.
• When both the HDMI connection and the analog video/audio connection are performed between the
HDMI compatible device and this unit, only the HDMI signal will be input.
Analog audio output
Audio (Optical) output
• When you select “MULTI CH” as the input source, the digital sound field processor and tone control are
• As this unit does not redirect signals input through the MULTI CH INPUT jacks to compensate for
missing speakers, make appropriate settings on the multi-format player or the external decoder that suit
to the speaker configuration.
• When the input source is switched to “MULTI CH,” images input from a component connected to the
AV1-7 or VIDEO AUX jacks can be displayed on a video monitor (
). If your DVD player does
not support multi-channel digital output, connect it to these input jacks.
MULTI CH INPUT
Multi-format player/External decoder