6. Rest the oven on its side as shown in Figure 7. Place
portion (C) of the carton underneath to protect the
outercase from being damaged.
7. Remove the two screws which secure the mounting
plate to the rear side of the oven. Remove the mount-
ing plate. The two screws can be discarded.
Note: If the unit you purchased does not have the mount-
ing plate attached to the rear side of the oven, please
disregard this section and continue to Section 8.
Mounting plate Grease filter openings
8. VENTILATION SYSTEM
This Microwave Oven/Hood System is designed for
adaptation to three types of hood ventilation systems.
Select the type required for your installation.
A. RECIRCULATING — NON-VENTED,
The unit is shipped assembled for recirculating.
1. The Exhaust Damper Assembly is not required for
2. The Charcoal Filter should be replaced every 6 to
12 months, depending on use.
B. HORIZONTAL EXHAUST — OUTSIDE
1. Remove and save the 4 screws from Fan Cover
Bracket. Remove Fan Cover Bracket by sliding it
in the opposite direction of the arrow on the Fan
Cover Bracket, as shown in Figure 8.
Fan cover bracket
2. Lift Hood Fan Unit carefully and slip wires out of
cavity. See Figure 9.
CAUTION: Do not pull or stretch hood fan wiring.
3. Rotate the Hood Fan Unit 180° so that the fan
blade openings are facing the back of the oven.
Note, you will need to lift the wire over the hood
fan unit so the wire will clear. See Figure 10 (A).
Replace Hood Fan Unit into the oven. Be careful
not to pinch the wire and the Hood Fan Unit. See
Figure 10 (B).
(A) Rotate 180˚
4. Put the wire back into the cavity.