5. TOOLS RECOMMENDED FOR
• Phillips Screwdriver
• Electric Drill
• 1-1/2” Wood Bit or Metal Hole Cutter (if metal
cabinet is used)
• 1/2”, 5/8” and 3/32” Drill Bits
• Saw to cut exhaust opening (if needed)
• Protective Drop Cloth for product and range—you
may also use carton for protection
6. INSTALLATION HARDWARE
The INSTALLATION HARDWARE (items 1-7) packed
with the oven should contain the following:
NAME & PART CODE
Wood Screw 5 x 30 mm
Toggle Bolt #10 - 24 x 50 mm
Top Cabinet Screw 5 x 60 mm
Flat Washer 30 mm diameter
Tapping Screw 4 x 12 mm
Exhaust Damper Assembly
7. PREPARATION OF THE OVEN
Utilization of the carton may make installation easier.
1. Open the bottom of the carton, remove oven and all
2. CHECK THE OVEN : Check the oven for any damage,
such as misaligned or bent door, damaged door seals
and sealing surfaces, broken or loose door hinges and
latches and dents inside the cavity or on the door. If
there is any damage, do not operate the oven and con-
tact your dealer or SMEG AUTHORIZED SERVICER.
3. Place carton upside down as shown in Figure 6-1.
4. Using cutting line around the carton, cut into two pieces
(A) and (BC). See Figure 6-2.
5. Cut the remaining portion (BC) into portion (B) and
portion (C) according to cutting line. See Figure 6-3.