WARNING - TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRICAL SHOCK, OR INJURY TO
PERSONS, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING: Installation Work And Electrical Wiring Must Be
Done By Qualified Person(s) In Accordance With All Applicable Codes And Standards, In-
cluding Fire-Rated Construction.
Sufficient air is needed for proper combustion and exhausting of gases through the flue
(chimney) of fuel burning equipment to prevent backdrafting. Follow the heating equipment
manufacturer’s guideline and safety standards such as those published by the National Fire
Protection Association (NFPA), and the American Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air
Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and the local code authorities.
When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling, do not damage electrical wiring and other hidden
Ducted fans must always be vented to the outdoors.
W A R N I N G
Electrical ground is required on this rangehood.
• If cold water pipe is interrupted by plastic, nonmetallic gaskets or other materials, DO
NOT use for grounding.
• DO NOT ground to a gas pipe.
• DO NOT have a fuse in the neutral or grounding circuit. A fuse in the neutral or ground-
ing circuit could result in electrical shock
• Check with a qualified electrician if you are in doubt as to whether the rangehood is
• Failure to follow electrical requirements may result in a fire.