Important Safety Instructions
1. IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS – Your safety and the safety of others are very important.
We have provided many important safety messages throughout this manual and on the appliance.
Read all the instructions before using the appliance and always obey all safety messages.
RECOGNIZE SAFETY INFORMATION
This is a safety alert symbol. This symbol alerts you to potential hazards that can result in severe
personal injury or loss of life.
UNDERSTAND SIGNAL WORDS
A signal word – DANGER, WARNING, or CAUTION – is used with the safety alert symbol. DANGER
denotes the most serious hazards. It means you could lose your life or be seriously injured if you do not
immediately follow the instructions. WARNING means you could lose your life or be seriously injured if
the instructions are not followed. CAUTION indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not
avoided, could result in minor to moderate injury.
The safety messages will inform you of potential hazards, on how to avoid the risk of injury and what can
occur if the instructions are not followed.
IMPORTANT: Installation, gas connections and grounding must conform to applicable codes. Observe
all governing codes and ordinances.
WARNING: For your safety, the instructions in this manual must be followed to minimize the risk
of fire or explosion and to prevent property damage, personal injury or loss of life.
- This appliance is intended for home use only.
- Use this appliance only for its intended purpose. The manufacturer cannot be
held liable for damage caused by improper use of this range.
- This appliance complies with current safety regulations. Improper use of this
range can result in personal injury and material damage.
- Read all the instructions before installing or using the range for the first time.
- Keep these operating instructions in a safe place and pass them on to any
NOTE: This range is manufactured for use with natural gas. To convert the appliance to LP/Propane
gas, see the instructions in the Gas Conversion Kit provided in the literature package.
The proper gas supply connection must be available. See "Gas supply requirements”.
In the State of Massachusetts, the following installation instructions apply:
- Installation and repairs must be performed by a Massachusetts qualified or licensed contractor,
plumber, or gas fitter.
- If using a ball valve, it shall be the T-handle type.
- A flexible gas connector, when used, must not exceed 3 feet.