Problems and Solutions
A loud howling sound
occurs when the speaker
• Feedback (a loud howling sound) may occur if you
replace the handset while the speaker is on. To
avoid feedback, turn off the speaker (press
before you replace the handset.
Auto-dial numbers cannot
be stored in the fax.
• Make sure the fax is plugged in and the imaging
film has been loaded. (Auto-dial numbers cannot
be stored if the imaging film has not been loaded.)
Loading the Imaging Film on page 13.
Nothing appears in the
• Make sure the power cord is properly plugged into
a power outlet.
• Connect another electrical appliance to the outlet to
see if it has power.
The machine does not
respond when you press
any of its keys.
• If a beep sound is not made when you press the
keys, unplug the power cord and then plug it in
again several seconds later.
feeding does not work for
transmission or copying.
• Check the size and weight of the document (see
Transmittable Documents on page 26).
Monday, June 23, 2003