Thank you very much for your purchase of the SHARP POS Terminal Model UP-3300. Please read this
Manual carefully before operating your machine in order to gain full understanding of functions and features.
Please keep this manual for future reference. It will help you if you encounter any operational problems.
• Install your POS terminal in a location that is not subject to direct radiation, unusual temperature
changes, high humidity or exposure to water sources.
Installation in such locations could cause damage to the cabinet and the electrical components.
• The POS terminal should not be operated by an individual with wet hands.
The water could seep into the interior of the POS terminal and cause component failure.
• Do not apply excessive pressure to the display.
Do not use a sharp-pointed object on the display.
The LCD display will be damaged easily.
• When cleaning your POS terminal, use a dry, soft cloth. Never use solvents, such as benzine
The use of such chemicals will lead to discoloration or deterioration of the cabinet.
• The POS terminal plugs into any standard wall outlet (official (nominal) voltage).
Other electrical devices on the same electrical circuit could cause the POS terminal to malfunction.
• If the POS terminal malfunctions, call your authorized SHARP dealer for service - do not try to
repair the POS terminal yourself.
This POS terminal has a built-in memory protection circuit which is operated by a rechargeable battery pack.
It should be known that all batteries will, in time, dissipate their charge even if not used. Therefore to insure
an adequate initial charge in the protection circuit and to prevent any possible loss of memory upon
installation, it is recommended that each unit be allowed to be recharged for a period of 24 to 48 hours prior
to use by the customer.
In order to charge the battery pack, the machine must be plugged in and its power switch must be set to the
“ON” position. This recharging precaution can prevent unnecessary initial service calls.
3/22/99, 11:31 AM