– Turn off the power and unplug the power cord from the wall outlet immediately if the TV set begins to
make any unusual noises or gives off smoke or an unusual smell. Then call your dealer for service.
Unstable surface and shocks
– Do not place this TV set on an unstable cart, stand, shelf, or table. The TV set may fall, causing serious
injury to a child or adult, and serious damage to the set. Sharp recommends securing the TV set to a
stable surface or wall to prevent the set from falling due to sudden shocks or impact.
– To prevent electrical shock, do not use the TV set in an excessively damp place.
– Do not place a flower vase or anything else containing liquid on the TV set, as liquid spilt
on the TV set can cause electrical shock or failure.
TV Set position
– Do place the TV set onto an even stand, table or rack which size is bigger than the TV set.
If the TV set is put onto a smaller size or uneven stand, table or rack may cause the TV cabinet distort.
Do not put or insert anything between TV set and the stand, table or rack.
– Do not place this TV set in a confined area, such as on a bookshelf or in a built-in case. Leave
adequate space behind the TV for proper ventilation.
– To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not remove the back of the cabinet. This TV set contains
– To prevent electrical shock, do not subject the AC power cord to damage by bending or twisting it, or by
placing heavy items on top of it and do not place the AC power cord under the TV set. If the AC power
cord becomes damaged, unplug it from the wall outlet immediately and call your dealer for service.
– To prevent fire or electrical shock, do not place the TV set near a bathroom, swimming pool or other
area where it may become wet.
– Never insert or drop any metallic or inflammable objects into the ventilation openings of the TV set,
as this can cause fire, electrical shock, or electrical failure.
Uneven surface and excessive force
– Television equipment and cart combination should be moved with care. Quick stops, excessive
force, and uneven surfaces may cause the equipment and cart combination to overturn.
– To prevent fire, never place any type of candle or naked flames on the top or near the TV set.
– All pole mains switch with a separation of at least 3 mm in each pole shall be
incorporated in the electrical installation of the building.
Connecting to an antenna
Connecting to an antenna via a VCR
If your outdoor antenna uses a 75-ohm coaxial cable with
a standard DIN45325 plug (IEC 169-2), plug it into the
antenna jack at the rear of the set.
If your outdoor antenna uses a 300-ohm twin-lead flat
feeder, connect a 300-ohm to 75-ohm impedance converter
and plug it into the antenna jack at the rear of the set.
The following accessories are included with this television.
3.5mm stereo cable
Connecting to a DVD player
The DVD input terminals (COMPONENT-IN) on the rear of the TV can be used to input high-quality
images from a DVD player.
75-ohm coaxial cable
plug (IEC 169-2)
To RF out terminal
CONNECTING AND WATCHING DVD
DVD input terminals
Green : To Y
White : To AUDIO IN (L)
To audio out
DVD input terminals
) or B-Y/Pb
) or R-Y/Pr
Connecting the video terminals
to select “COMPONENT”, DVD
Turn on the DVD player and begin playback.
* This 3.5mm stereo cable can only plug in those mobile players that have 3.5mm jack.
• Unplug the AC cord from the AC outlet before cleaning the product. Use a microfibre cloth to clean the product. Do not
use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners.
1/24/08, 7:03 PM