disc mode: recording/playback
SELECTING THE STORAGE MEDIA (SC-DX205 only)
You can record video and photo images on the desired storage media (a DVD disc or a memory card) so you should
select the desired storage media before starting recording or playback.
Selecting the desired storage
• Set the Storage mode switch to DISC or CARD. (DISC CARD)
- DISC Record mode: To record videos on a DVD disc. page 41
- CARD Video/Photo Record mode: To record videos or photos on a memory card.
INSERTING AND REMOVING A DISC
• When inserting a disc or closing the disc cover, do not apply excessive force. It may
cause a malfunction.
• You cannot open the disc cover while loading.
• You can use a new 3 1/2 inch (8cm) DVD-RW, DVD-R or DVD-R DL (Dual Layer)
disc for video recording.
• Photos cannot be recorded onto a DVD disc. You can record only videos on a DVD
Inserting a disc
1. Slide the OPEN switch in the direction of the arrow.
• The disc cover will partially open.
2. Gently open the cover the rest of the way by hand.
3. Push the disc into the disc compartment until a click is heard.
• The recording side of the disc must face the inside of the DVD camcorder.
• Do not touch the pickup lens.
4. Gently push the disc cover to close it.
• Once inserted, the disc is recognized and the ACCESS/CHG indicator blinks.
Do not cut off the power supply during this time. Do not shake nor apply impact.
It may cause a malfunction.
• Set the Storage mode switch to DISC. (SC-DX205 only)