Open the LCD screen to turn on the camcorder.
• Your camcorder turns on automatically when you
open the LCD screen.
To turn off the camcorder, press the Power (
button for about one second.
• Closing the LCD screen will not turn off the
• Set the date and time when using your camcorder
for the ﬁrst time. page 33
• The camcorder operates the self-diagnosis function when powered on. If a warning message
appears, refer to ‘warning indicators and messages’ ( pages 131~137) and take corrective action.
• If you close the LCD screen when the power is on, the power saving mode activates.
basic operation of the camcorder
TURNING YOUR CAMCORDER ON/OFF
This chapter introduces you to the basic operation procedures of this camcorder, such as
turning the power on/off, switching modes, and setting on-screen indicators.
When using this camcorder for the ﬁrst time
• When you use your camcorder for the ﬁrst time or reset it, the time zone screen appears
as the startup display. Select your geographical location and set the date and time.
If you do not set the date and time, the time zone screen appears every time you turn on