editing video clips
Touch the Menu (
) tab “Edit” “Divide.”
Touch the video you want to divide.
• The camcorder displays the video you selected in pause
Find the point of division by touching the playback control tabs.
• Playback control tabs:
• The selected video is divided into two video clips.
• The camcorder displays the second clip of the divided video
as the last thumbnail.
• After the division, you can partially delete an unnecessary
section or combine with other videos.
• You can not divied ﬁles that are protected (
). Cancel the protection ﬁrst. page 112
• The beginning and end of the divided video may drift before or after the division point by approx. 0.5
• The Divide function is not available under the following conditions:
- If the total recorded time of the video is less than 6 seconds.
- If you trying to divide a ﬁle without leaving 3 seconds at the beginning and the end.
- If the video ﬁle is recorded in the Time Lapse REC mode.
- If the memory space available on your memory card is less than 8MB.
• The division function does not work if available space in memory is insufﬁcient. Delete unnecessary
• When a video is divided into two, the camcorder only stores the ﬁrst video clip in the playlist.
• You cannot divide photos.
DIVIDING A VIDEO
You can divide a video into two, and easily delete a section you no longer need. As this function edits the
original ﬁle, make sure to back up the original ﬁle before you divide it.
• This function works in Video play mode only.
• Touch the Play (
) HD (
) or SD (
) tab on the LCD screen. page 49
Do not eject a memory card or power off while editing a video recorded on the memory card. Doing
so may damage the storage media or data.
1 / 1
2 / 3