TAKING PHOTO IMAGES
• You can take photo images in Photo mode only. page 17
1. Slide the POWER switch downward to turn on the power and press the
MODE button to set Photo (
). page 17
• Set the appropriate storage media. (SC-HMX10A/HMX10C/HMX10CN/
HMX10ED only) page 26
(If you want to record on a memory card, insert the memory card.)
2. Check the subject on the LCD screen.
• Set the Lens open/close switch to open (). page 8
3. Press the PHOTO button halfway down (half press).
• The HD camcorder automatically focuses on the subject at the center of
screen (when auto focus is selected).
• When the image is in focus, the () indicator is displayed in green.
4. Press the PHOTO button fully down (full press).
• A shutter sound is heard. When the () indicator disappears, the photo
image has been recorded.
• While saving the photo image on the storage media, you cannot proceed
with the next recording.
• The number of photo images that can be stored depends on the image
quality or the image size. For details, see page 28.
• The photo image is taken only in the 4:3 aspect ratio as shown in the
• Audio will not be recorded with the photo image on the storage media.
• If focusing is difficult, use the manual focus function. page 56
• Do not operate the POWER switch or remove the memory card while
accessing the storage media. Doing so may damage the storage media
or the data on storage media.
• Photo image files recorded by your HD camcorder conform to the “DCF
(Design rule for Camera File system)” universal standard established
by the JEITA (Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries
• DCF is an integrated image-file format for digital cameras: Image files
can be used on all digital devices conforming to DCF.