CONNECTING THE USB CABLE
To copy the movie files and photo files to your PC, connect your
HD camcorder to the PC with a USB cable.
1. Set the “USB Connect” to “Mass Storage.” page 70
2. Connect the HD camcorder to the PC with a USB cable.
• Don’t apply excessive force when inserting or extracting
a USB cable into/from a USB jack.
• Insert a USB after checking the direction of its insertion
• Use the provided USB cable.
Disconnecting the USB cable
First disconnect the USB cable and turn off the HD camcorder.
After completing the data transmission, you must disconnect the cable in the following way:
1. Click the “Unplug or eject hardware” icon on the task tray.
2. Select “USB Mass Storage Device” or “USB Disk,” and then click “Stop.”
3. Click “OK.”
4. Disconnect the USB cable from the HD camcorder and PC.
• We recommend using the AC power adaptor as the power supply instead of the battery pack.
• When the USB cable is connected, turning the camcorder on or off may cause the PC to malfunction.
• If you disconnect the USB cable from the PC or the HD camcorder while transferring, the data transmission
will stop and the data may be damaged.
• If you connect the USB cable to a PC via a USB HUB or simultaneously connect the USB cable along with
other USB devices, the HD camcorder may not work properly. If this occurs, remove all USB devices from
the PC and reconnect the HD camcorder.