• If lightning should be present during using, unplug the power cord and
discontinue using. Continuing to use the product can cause damage to the
equipment, fire or electrical shock.
• Wipe off the plug of the power cord if it should become covered with dust.
This can cause a fire.
• Do not place heavy objects on the AC plug cord, allow heavy objects to
drop onto it or allow the AC plug cord to become damaged due to
excessive bending. If the AC plug cord becomes damaged, consult a
PENTAX Service Center.
• Do not short or touch the output terminals of the product while it is still
• Unplug the AC plug cord when not using the USB cradle.
• Do not plug in the AC plug cord with wet hands. This can cause an
• Do not subject the product to strong impacts or allow it to drop onto a hard
surface. This can cause a malfunction.
• Take the Worldwide Service Network that is included in the package. This
will be useful if you experience problems abroad.
• When the camera has not been used for a long time, confirm that it is still
working properly, particularly prior to taking important pictures (such as at
a wedding or during traveling). Contents of the recording cannot be
guaranteed if recording, playback or transferring your data to a computer,
etc. is not possible due to a malfunction of your camera or recording media
(SD Memory Card), etc.
• The lens on this camera is not exchangeable. The lens is not removable.
• Do not clean the product with organic solvents such as thinner or alcohol
• Places of high temperature and humidity should be avoided. Particular
care should be taken regarding vehicles, which can become very hot
• Storing the camera where pesticides and chemicals are handled should be
avoided. Remove from case and store in a well-ventilated place to prevent
the camera from becoming moldy during storage.
Care to be Taken During Handling