• Never try to disassemble or short the battery. Also, do not dispose of the 

battery in fire, as it may explode.

• Do not charge any batteries other than rechargeable lithium-ion battery D-

LI8. The battery could explode or catch fire.

• Do not place your finger on the flash when it is discharging as there is a 

risk of burns.

• Do not discharge the flash while it is touching your clothing as there is a 

risk of discoloring.

• If any of the battery leakage should come in contact with your eyes, do not 

rub them. Flush your eyes with clean water and get medical attention 

• If any of the battery leakage should come in contact with skin or clothes, 

wash the affected areas thoroughly with water.

• Remove the battery from the camera immediately if it becomes hot or 

begins to smoke. Be careful not to burn yourself during removal.

• Some portions of the camera heat up during use, so please take care, as 

there is a risk of low temperature burns if such portions are held for long 
periods of time.

• Should the LCD be damaged, be careful of glass fragments. Also, be 

careful not to allow the liquid crystal to get on your skin or eyes or in your 


• Do not use the product at a voltage other than the specified voltage. Use 

with a power source or voltage other than that designed can cause a fire 
or electrical shock. The specified voltage is 100-240 V AC.

• Do not disassemble or modify the product. This can cause a fire or 

electrical shock.

• If the generation of smoke or strange odor from the product or other 

abnormality occurs, immediately discontinue using and consult a PENTAX 
Service Center. Continuing to use the product can cause a fire or electrical 

• If water should happen to get inside the product, consult a PENTAX 

Service Center. Continuing to use the product can cause a fire or electrical 

About the Battery Charging Stand and the AC Adapter