Care to be Taken During Handling
• Do not clean the product with organic solvents such as thinner or alcohol
• Places of high temperature and humidity should be avoided. Particular care
should be taken regarding vehicles, which can become very hot inside.
• Storing the camera where pesticides and chemicals are handled should be
Remove from case and store in a well-ventilated place to prevent the camera
from becoming moldy during storage.
• Do not use the camera where it may come in contact with rain, water or any
other liquid, because the camera is not weather, water, or liquid resistant. Should
the camera get wet from rain, splashing water, or any other liquid, wipe it off
immediately with a dry soft cloth.
• Ensure that the camera is not subjected to substantial vibrations, shocks or
Place the camera on a cushion for protection when the camera is subjected to
the vibrations of a motorbike, car, or ship, etc.
• The liquid crystal display will become black at temperatures of approximately
60°C (140°F) but will return to normal when normal temperatures are returned to.
• The response speed of the liquid crystal display becomes slow at low
This is due to the properties of the liquid crystal and is not a fault.
• Remove dust from the lens and viewfinder using a blower or clean off dust using
a lens brush.
• Periodic checks are recommended every 1 to 2 years in order to maintain high-
• When the camera has not been used for a long time, confirm that it is still
working properly, particularly prior to taking important pictures (such as at a
wedding or during travelling). Pentax is not responsible for consequential
damages (costs incurred as a result of taking pictures, loss of benefits that were
to be obtained through taking pictures) arising from failure of this product.
• If the camera is subjected to rapid temperature changes, condensation may form
on the inside and outside of the camera. Therefore put the camera in a bag or
plastic bag, and take the camera out when the difference in temperature has
• The temperature range in which the camera can be used is 0°C to 40°C (32°F to
• Avoid contact with garbage, dirt, sand, dust, water, toxic gases, salt, etc. as this
may cause damage to the camera. If rain or drops of water get onto the camera,
please wipe dry.
• Refer to “Precautions When Using an SD Memory Card/MultiMediaCard” (p.17)
regarding the SD Memory Card/MultiMediaCard.
• Be sure to use the rechargeable lithium-ion battery D-LI7 provided for this
camera. If you use any other battery the camera may be damaged or