Thank you for buying the PENTAX Optio 33L Digital Camera. Please
read this manual before using the camera in order to get the most out of
all the features and functions. Keep this manual safe, as it can be a
valuable tool in helping you to understand all the camera's capabilities.
Images taken using the Optio 33L that are for anything other than personal
enjoyment cannot be used without permission according to the rights as
specified in the Copyright Act. Please take care, as there are even cases where
limitations are placed on taking pictures even for personal enjoyment during
demonstrations, industrial enterprise or as items for display. Images taken with
the purpose of obtaining copyrights also cannot be used outside the scope of
use of the copyright as laid out in the Copyright Act, and care should be taken
• CompactFlash and CF are trademarks of SanDisk Corporation.
• PENTAX is a trademark of PENTAX Corporation.
• Optio is a trademark of PENTAX Corporation.
• All other brands or product names are trademarks of registered trademarks of
their respective companies.
• The USB driver uses software developed by inSilicon Corporation.
Copyright © 2002 inSilicon Corporation. All rights reserved.
• This product supports PRINT Image Matching II.
When used in combination, PRINT Image Matching II enabled digital still
cameras, printers and software help photographers to produce images more
faithful to their intentions.
Copyright 2001 Seiko Epson Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
PRINT Image Matching is a trademark of Seiko Epson Corporation.
To users of this camera
• There is a possibility that recorded data may be erased of that the camera may
not function correctly when used in surroundings such as installations
generating strong electromagnetic radiation or magnetic fields.
• The liquid crystal panel used in the LCD display is manufactured using
extremely high precision technology. Although the level of functioning pixels is
99.99% or better, you should be aware that 0.01% or fewer of the pixels may
not illuminate or may illuminate when they should not. However, this has no
effect on the recorded image.
• There is a possibility that the illustrations and the display screen of the LCD
monitor in this manual are different form the actual product.