Panasonic TC-L42U25 Operating Instruction
(NEC SECTION 810-20)
(NEC SECTION 810-21)
POWER SERVICE GROUNDING
(NEC ART 250, PART H)
EXAMPLE OF ANTENNA
GROUNDING AS PER
Note to CATV System Installer
This reminder is provided to direct the CATV system installer’s attention to Article 820-40 of the NEC that provides guidelines for
proper grounding and, in particular, specifies that the cable ground shall be connected to the grounding system of the building, as
close to the point of cable entry as practical.
Slots and openings in the cabinet and the back or bottom are provided for ventilation, and to ensure reliable operation of the LCD
TV and to protect it from overheating. These openings must not be blocked or covered. There should be at least 10 cm of space
from these openings. The openings should never be blocked by placing the LCD TV on a bed, sofa, rug or other similar surface.
This LCD TV should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase unless proper ventilation is provided.
Important Safety Instructions
1) Read these instructions.
2) Keep these instructions.
3) Heed all warnings.
4) Follow all instructions.
5) Do not use this apparatus near water.
6) Clean only with dry cloth.
7) Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
8) Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that
9) Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider
than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong are
provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the
10) Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and
the point where they exit from the apparatus.
11) Only use attachments / accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12) Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the
apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart / apparatus combination to avoid injury
13) Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
14) Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any
way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the apparatus, the
apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
15) Operate only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label. If you are not sure of the type of power supplied
to your home consult your television dealer or local power
16) Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the LCD TV.
17) Never push objects of any kind into this LCD TV through cabinet
slots as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short out
parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid
of any kind on the LCD TV.
18) If an outside antenna is connected to the television equipment,
be sure the antenna system is grounded so as to provide some
protection against voltage surges and built up static charges.
In the U.S. Section 810-21 of the National Electrical Code
provides information with respect to proper grounding of the mast
and supporting structure, grounding of the lead-in wire to an
antenna discharge unit, size of grounding conductors, location of
antenna discharge unit, connection to grounding electrodes, and
requirements for the grounding electrode.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
WARNING: To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not remove cover or back.
No user-serviceable parts inside. Refer servicing to qualified service personnel.
The lightning flash with arrowhead
within a triangle is intended to tell the
user that parts inside the product are a
risk of electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point within a
triangle is intended to tell the
user that important operating and
servicing instructions are in the
papers with the appliance.