Panasonic PV-DV53 Operating Instruction
Remove the lens cap and clip it to the hand
Set POWER to CAMERA.
• The POWER Lamp lights red.
• Be sure POWER is fully turned to the
With the Viewfinder Eye Cup held up
against your eye, adjust the Vision
Adjustment Control to your eyesight.
• Adjust the EVF Brightness of the
Viewfinder if necessary.
Please refer to “To adjust the LCD/
EVF BRIGHTNESS or COLOR” on
Set to REC SPEED “SP” or “LP” in
the RECORDING SETUP menu
(Menu OSD: p. 59)
Press REC/PAUSE to start recording.
• “REC” is displayed on the screen.
Press REC/PAUSE again to pause
Set POWER to OFF when finished.
• To remove the cassette, slide TAPE
To conserve power
After 5 minutes, the Record/Pause mode
will automatically change to Standby
To resume recording, set POWER to
OFF and then ON again.
• When the Palmcorder is aimed at
excessively bright objects, or bright lights,
a vertical bar may appear in the picture.
This is a normal characteristic of the CCD
pick-up device. Try to avoid this whenever
Before you begin
• Connect the Palmcorder to a power
source. (pp. 11, 12)
• Insert a cassette with the record tab
closed. (p. 6)
• Do not leave the Palmcorder with the
EVF aimed directly at the sun as this
may cause damage to the internal parts
of the EVF.
• Do not lift, or carry, the Palmcorder
by the EVF or the LCD Monitor.