Nikon COOLPIX S9700 User Manual
• Use only Secure Digital memory cards. See “Approved Memory Cards”
F29) for recommended memory cards.
• Observe the precautions noted in the documentation included with your
• Do not affix labels or stickers to the memory card.
• Do not format the memory card using a computer.
• The first time you insert a memory card that has been used in another
device into this camera, be sure to format it with this camera. We
recommend formatting new memory cards with this camera before using
them with this camera.
• Note that formatting a memory card permanently deletes all images
and other data on the memory card. If there is data saved on the memory
card that you wish to keep, copy that data to a computer before formatting.
• If the message Card is not formatted. Format card? is displayed when
the camera is turned on, the memory card must be formatted. If there is data
on the memory card that you do not want to delete, select No and press the
k button. Copy that data to a computer before formatting. To format the
memory card, select Yes.
• Observe the following precautions while formatting the memory card,
saving and deleting images, and copying images to a computer, otherwise
data or the memory card itself may be damaged.
- Do not open the battery-chamber/memory card slot cover or remove the
memory card or battery.
- Do not turn off the camera.
- Do not disconnect the AC adapter.