Nikon COOLPIX S210 Owner Manual
To shoot movies with sound recorded via the built-in microphone, select shooting
mode and follow the steps below.
Enter movie mode by pressing
in shooting mode, selecting D (use
the multi selector), and then
Exposure count display shows maximum
total length of movie that can be recorded.
Press the shutter-release button all
the way down to start recording.
Camera focuses on subject in center of
A progress bar at the bottom of the monitor
shows the amount of recording time
To end recording, press the shutter-release
button all the way down a second time.
• Flash mode (A 28) and exposure compensation (A 32) can only be used for time-lapse (A 59)
movies. Macro mode (
A 31) is available in all modes. Self-timer (A 30) cannot be used.
• Flash mode, macro mode, and exposure compensation settings cannot be applied or changed
while movies are being recorded. Apply or change settings as necessary before movie recording
• Optical zoom cannot be applied while movies are recorded. Digital zoom cannot be used just
before recording a movie, but up to 2× digital zoom can be applied while movies are recorded
(except for time lapse movies).
Changing Movie Settings
• Movie options or Electronic VR can be changed (A 57).
• When Movie options is set to Time-lapse movie
, movies are recorded without sound.