Nikon COOLPIX L23 User Manual
Choose whether to use electronic VR (vibration reduction) when taking still
When Auto is selected, R appears on the monitor (
A 6), and electronic VR is
applied depending on shooting conditions.
d button M z (setup menu) (A 92) M Electronic VR
In the following conditions, electronic VR is applied and the effects of camera shake
are reduced when shooting still images.
• The flash is turned off or set to slow sync mode
• The shutter speed is slow
• The Continuous setting is set to Single
• When the subject is dark
k Off (default setting)
Electronic VR is disabled.
Notes on Electronic Vibration Reduction
• Electronic VR is disabled while the flash is used, except when using slow sync mode. Note that
Electronic VR is disabled even when flash mode is slow sync with red-eye reduction (
A 34, 35).
• If the exposure period exceeds a certain period of time, electronic VR will not function.
• Electronic VR cannot be used if Blink proof (A 45) in smart portrait mode is set to On.
• Electronic VR cannot be used when using the following scene modes.
- Sports (
- Night portrait (
- Dusk/dawn (
- Night landscape (
- Museum (
- Fireworks show (
- Backlighting (
• The effectiveness of electronic VR decreases as camera shake increases.
• The images captured may become somewhat grainy.