Thank you for purchasing the Nikon F6.
Get to know your F6 camera, and be sure to read this manual
thoroughly before using it. We recommend that you keep this
Main features of the F6:
• Nikon’s exclusive new 11-area autofocus sensor (Multi-CAM2000)
system, including 9 cross-type sensors, achieves superior
performance in continuous high-speed shooting and enables sharp
focus even on erratically moving subjects.
• Exclusive 3D Color Matrix Metering with a 1,005-pixel RGB sensor
provides a correct exposure in diverse shooting situations.
• Various settings feature a menu list displayed on the large-sized
LCD panel on camera back, Custom Settings feature customized
combinations of various functions/modes, and two Command Dials
and a multi-selector provide access to more versatile functions.
• Various accessory systems including interchangeable lenses. When
used with an optional Nikon Speedlight that features the Creative
Lighting System (CLS), new levels of flash performance, including
i-TTL, Auto FP High-Speed Sync and Advanced Wireless Lighting,
can be achieved.
• Shooting data such as shutter speed, aperture or lens’ focal length
can be stored in the camera and saved on a CompactFlash™ (CF)
memory card (with the optional Data Reader MV-1).
Body cap (
Two 3V lithium
* Strap is not supplied in the U.S.A. and Canada.
P930_En 04.10.19 7:18 PM Page 4