Marantz SR5008 Owners Manual
Notes concerning use of “Update” and “Add New Feature”
• In order to use these functions, you must have the correct system
requirements and settings for a broadband Internet connection
• Do not turn off the power until updating or upgrading is completed.
• Even with a broadband connection to the Internet, approximately 1
hour is required for the updating/upgrading procedure to be completed.
• Once updating/upgrade starts, normal operations on this unit cannot
be performed until updating/upgrading is completed. Furthermore,
there may be cases where backup data is reset for the parameters,
etc., set on this unit.
• If the update or upgrade fails, press and hold the X on the main unit
for more than 5 seconds, or remove and re-insert the power cord.
“Update retry” appears on the display and update restarts from the
point at which update failed. If the error continues despite this, check
the network environment.
• Information regarding the “Update” function and “Add New Feature” will be
announced on the Marantz web site each time related plans are defined.
Protect settings from inadvertent changes.
On : Turn protection on.
Off (Default) : Turn protection off.
• When cancelling the setting, set “Lock” to “Off”.
• When “Lock” is set to “On”, no setting items are displayed except for “Setup