FOR PROPER AND SAFE USE
• Only use the battery specified in this manual.
• Only use the specified charger or AC adapter within the voltage range indicated on the unit. An
inappropriate adapter or current may cause damage or injury through fire or electric shock.
• Only use the charger power cord in the sales region for which it was designed. An inappropriate
current may cause damage or injury through fire or electric shock.
• Do not disassemble the camera or charger. Electric shock may cause injury if a high voltage circuit
inside the product is touched.
• Immediately remove the battery or unplug the AC adapter and discontinue use if the camera is
dropped or subjected to an impact in which the interior, especially the flash unit, is exposed. The
flash has a high voltage circuit which may cause an electric shock resulting in injury. The contin-
ued use of a damaged product or part may cause injuries or fire.
• Keep the battery, memory card, or small parts that could be swallowed away from infants. Contact
a doctor immediately if an object is swallowed.
• Store this product out of reach of children. Be careful when around children not to harm them with
the product or parts.
• Do not fire the flash directly into the eyes. It may damage eyesight.
• Do not fire the flash at vehicle operators. It may cause a distraction or temporary blindness which
may lead to an accident.
• Do not use the monitor while operating a vehicle or walking. It may result in injury or an accident.
• Do not look directly at the sun or strong light sources through the viewfinder. It may damage your
eyesight or cause blindness.
General warnings and cautions
Read and understand the following warnings and cautions for safe use of the digital camera and its