Attaching a Digital Paper Saver
To save paper that is lost during the paper loading process when using the
“1-Step Normal” paper loading option, you may install a digital printer paper saver
(leader) to the lead edge of the roll of paper. Using the digital printer paper saver
reduces the amount of paper lost from threading the printer by 5.5 feet as shown
in the table below.
*For additional paper saving, see “Selecting a Loading Option” on page 3-24.
To order digital printer paper savers and splice tape, see “Leaders and Splice
Tape” on page A-3.
NOTE: The digital printer paper saver may be used many times.
CAUTION: To prevent spots or scratches on images, keep the digital printer
paper saver away from surfaces that have dust and dirt on them.
Load the paper into the supply cassette. See “Loading Paper Into the Supply
Cassette” on page 3-6.
2. If necessary, cut a straight edge on the lead edge of the paper that is coming
through the slotted opening in the supply cassette.
3. Cut a piece of splice tape that is approximately 2 inches longer than the width
of the supply cassette.
4. Set the splice tape on the supply cassette with the adhesive side facing up.
5. Place the lead edge of the paper onto the splice tape.
6. Place the trail edge of the digital printer paper saver (the edge without the
hole) on the splice tape.
NOTE: If the digital printer paper saver is new, wipe it with a damp cloth to
remove dust and static electricity.
IMPORTANT: The digital printer paper saver must be the same width as the
paper. Also, the curl of the digital printer paper saver and the curl
of the paper must match.
Amount of Unprintable Paper*
Digital Printer Paper Saver
lead edge of the
of the paper