VIDEO RECORDING & PLA
During normal video playback, press SLOW (
) more than approx. 2 seconds.
● After approx. 10 minutes, normal playback
● To pause Slow-Motion playback, press PAUSE
● To stop Slow-Motion playback, press PLAY (3).
● You can also engage Slow-Motion Playback from
Still Playback by pressing SLOW (
than approx. 2 seconds.
● During Slow-Motion Playback, due to digital
image processing, the picture may take on a
● After SLOW ( or ) is pressed and held, the
still image may be displayed for a few seconds,
followed by a blue screen for a few seconds. This
is not a malfunction.
● During Slow-Motion Playback, there will be
disturbances in video and the picture may seem
unstable, especially with steady images. This is
not a malfunction.
During normal or still playback, press SLOW
) repeatedly for forward or SLOW (
repeatedly for reverse. Each time SLOW (
) is pressed, the frame is played back.
Magniﬁes the recorded image up to 25X at any
time during video playback and D.S.C. playback.
1) Press PLAY (
3) to start video
playback. Or perform normal
playback of images.
2) At the point you want to zoom
in, press the Zoom Button (T).
● To zoom out, press the Zoom
3) You can move the image on
the screen around to ﬁnd a
particular portion of the picture.
While holding down SHIFT,
● To end zoom, press and hold W until
magniﬁcation returns to normal. Or, press STOP
7) and then press PLAY (3) during video
● To end zoom during D.S.C. playback, press PLAY
● Zoom can also be used during slow-motion and still
● Due to digital image processing, the quality of the
image may suffer.
Playback Special Effects
Allows you to add creative effects to the video
SEPIA: Recorded scenes have a brownish
tint like old photos. Combine this with the
Cinema mode (
੬ pg. 36, “WIDE MODE”) for a
MONOTONE: Like classic black and white
ﬁlms, your footage is shot in B/W. Used together
with the Cinema mode (
੬ pg. 36, “WIDE
MODE”), it enhances the “classic ﬁlm” effect.
CLASSIC: Gives recorded scenes a
STROBE: Your recording looks like a
series of consecutive snapshots.
1) To start
PLAYBACK EFFECT Select Menu appears.
3) Press EFFECT repeatedly to move the
highlight bar to the desired effect.
● The selected function is activated and after
2 seconds the menu disappears.
● To deactivate the selected effect, press EFFECT
ON/OFF. To reactivate the selected effect press
EFFECT ON/OFF again.
● To change the selected effect, repeat from step 2
GR-D395US.book Page 25 Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:51 AM