Produces the zoom in/out effect, or an
instantaneous change in image magniﬁcation.
Slide the Power Zoom Lever towards “T”.
Slide the Power Zoom Lever towards “W”.
● The further you slide the Power Zoom Lever, the
quicker the zoom action.
● Focusing may become unstable during Zooming.
In this case, set the zoom while in Record-
Standby, lock the focus by using the manual focus
੬ pg. 37), then zoom in or out in Record mode.
● Zooming is possible to a maximum of 800X, or it
can be switched to 32X magniﬁcation using the
optical zoom. (
੬ pg. 33)
● Zoom magniﬁcation of over 32X is done through
Digital image processing, and is therefore called
● During Digital zoom, the quality of image may
● Digital zoom cannot be used when the VIDEO/
MEMORY Switch is set to “MEMORY”.
● Macro shooting (as close as approx. 5 cm (2") to
the subject) is possible when the Power Zoom
Lever is set all the way to “W”. Also see “TELE
MACRO” in FUNCTION Menu on page 32.
● When shooting a subject close to the lens, zoom
out ﬁrst. If zoomed-in in the auto focus mode, the
camcorder may automatically zoom out
depending on the distance between the
camcorder and the subject. This will not occur
when “TELE MACRO” is set to “ON”. (
੬ pg. 32)
In some situations,
angles may provide
more dramatic results.
Hold the camcorder in
the desired position
and tilt the LCD
monitor in the most
convenient direction. It
can rotate 270° (90°
During recording, a time code is recorded on the
tape. This code is to conﬁrm the location of the
recorded scene on the tape during playback.
* Frames are not displayed during recording.
If recording starts from a blank portion, the time
code begins counting from “00:00:00”
(minute:second:frame). If recording starts from
the end of a previously recorded scene, the time
code continues from the last time code number.
If during recording a blank portion is left partway
through the tape, the time code is interrupted.
When recording is resumed, the time code
starts counting up again from “00:00:00”. This
means the camcorder may record the same time
codes as those existing in a previously recorded
scene. To prevent this, perform Recording From
The Middle Of A Tape (
੬ pg. 21) in the following
● When shooting again after playing back a
● When power shuts off during shooting.
● When a tape is removed and re-inserted during
● When shooting using a partially recorded tape.
● When shooting on a blank portion located partway
through the tape.
● When shooting again after shooting a scene then
opening/closing the cassette holder cover.
1 0 x
Digital zoom zone
Zoom in (T: Telephoto)
Zoom out (W: Wide angle)
32X (optical) zoom zone
Approximate zoom ratio
12 : 34 : 24
(30 frames = 1 second)
GR-D395US.book Page 20 Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:51 AM