During recording, a time code is recorded on the
tape. This code is to confirm the location of the
recorded scene on the tape during playback.
* Frames are not displayed during recording.
If recording starts from a blank portion, the time
code begins counting from “00:00:00”
(minute:second:frame). If recording starts from
the end of a previously recorded scene, the time
code continues from the last time code number.
If during recording a blank portion is left partway
through the tape, the time code is interrupted.
When recording is resumed, the time code starts
counting up again from “00:00:00”. This means
the camcorder may record the same time codes
as those existing in a previously recorded scene.
To prevent this, perform Recording From The
Middle Of A Tape (See the right column.) in the
● When shooting again after playing back a
● When power shuts off during shooting.
● When a tape is removed and re-inserted during
● When shooting using a partially recorded tape.
● When shooting on a blank portion located partway
through the tape.
● When shooting again after shooting a scene then
opening/closing the cassette holder cover.
● The time code cannot be reset.
● During fast-forwarding and rewinding, the time
code indication does not move smoothly.
● The time code is displayed only when “TIME
CODE” is set to “ON”. (
੬ pg. 40)
Enables to check the end of the last recording.
1) Press Q.REVIEW during the Recording-
2) Tape is rewound for about several seconds
and played back automatically, then pauses in
the Recording-Standby mode for the next shot.
● Distortion may occur at start of playback. This is
Recording From The Middle Of A Tape
1) Play back a tape or use Blank Search
੬ pg. 22) to find the spot at which you want to
start recording, then engage the Still Playback
੬ pg. 22)
2) Set the Power Switch to “A” or “M” while
pressing down the Lock Button located on the
switch, then start recording.
12 : 34 : 24
(25 frames = 1 second)
GR-DF570_470PAL.book Page 21 Monday, January 17, 2005 8:27 PM