1 0 xW
1 0 xW
Basic Recording For Video And D.S.C.
Zoom in (T: Telephoto)
Zoom out (W: Wide angle)
Power Zoom Lever
To produce the zoom in/out effect, or an instantaneous
change in image magnification.
Slide the Power Zoom Lever towards “T”.
Slide the Power Zoom Lever towards “W”.
The further you slide the Power Zoom Lever, the
quicker the zoom action.
● Focusing may become unstable during Zooming. In
this case, set the zoom while in Record-Standby,
lock the focus by using the manual focus
pg. 21), then zoom in or out in Record mode.
● Zooming is possible to a maximum of 100X, or it
can be switched to 10X magnification using the
optical zoom (
● Zoom magnification of over 10X is done through
Digital image processing, and is therefore called
● During Digital zoom, the quality of image may
● Digital zoom cannot be used when digital image
processing, such as Picture Wipe/Dissolve
pg. 26, 27) or Video Echo (
pg. 28), is
● Macro shooting (as close as approx. 5 cm to the
subject) is possible when the Power Zoom Lever is
set all the way to “W”. Also see “TELE MACRO” in
the Menu Screen on page 24.
Approximate zoom ratio