Blank pages or missing a color
Your software application is sending an extra page-eject
• Verify that a separator page is not enabled in the printer driver
by accessing the driver properties.
• Check to verify that an extra page has not been inserted within
There is a problem with the network configuration. Some sharing
devices on networks may generate a blank page as a separator.
• Check with the network administrator.
The printer may be feeding two or more pages at once because
the paper is difficult to separate.
The sealing tape has been left in the toner cartridge. Remove the
sealing tape from the toner cartridge color that is missing from
the printed image.
The toner cartridge is empty or defective. Replace the toner
cartridge color that is missing from the printed image.
Use paper that meets HP paper specifications (
see page 67
• The surface of the media is too rough or the media’s surface is
too smooth for proper toner adhesion.
• The media you are using is to heavy for the printer, and the
toner is not fusing to the media.
• Printing is on the wrong side of the paper.
• The transparencies are not designed for proper toner
adhesion. Only use transparencies designed for HP Color
• The humidity content of your media is too high or too low. Try a
freshly opened ream or try a different type of paper.