- 4 -
Any problems that occur as a result of any of the following conditions will not be covered by our warranty.
Be careful that no water, dust, or sand enters the camcorder.
When you are not using the camcorder, switch off the power and attach the lens cap.
When you shoot at a scene which contains an extremely bright object such as the the sun or a light source, a
bright vertical bar may appear in the picture.
Your camcorder is functioning properly, but the solid-state pickup device (CCD) usually causes this as an
inherent characteristic. Try to avoid shooting an excessive bright object directly.
Be sure not to leave the camcorder in a place where the temperature exceeds 140ºF (60ºC), or the pickup
device may be damaged.
• Inside a car with the windows closed and in direct sunshine.
• Near heating appliances.
Do not point the electronic viewfinder to direct sunlight; it could damage the viewfinder.
The liquid crystal display (LCD) panel is made by highly precise technology. More than 99.99% of its picture
elements (pixels) are effective, but some (less than 0.01%) may not appear as coloured bright dots. This does
not indicate a fault as the LCD panel stretches the limits of current technology.
• 3-inch LCD with speaker
• Active screen function
• Color electronic viewfinder (EVF) (only for VM-8500LA)
• Stable pix (Electronic Image Stabilizer) (only for VM-8500LA)
• Digital zoom up to x72
• Digital zoom up to x240 (with instant zoom)
• Digital effect
• Instant zoom
• Fade in/fade out
• Solid-state camera pickup
High Quality picture technology
• Auto Focus power zoom lens with macro feature
• Full record and playback capability with standard
• Program AE (Auto Exposure)
• Time and date
• Index symbol recording
• Audio/video Input function (only for VM-8500LA)
• Audio/video dub (only for VM-8500LA)
• Audio dub (only for VM-8500LA)
• Built-in automatic camera light (only for VM-8500LA)
Differences between models VM-7500LA/VM-8500LA
Stable Pix Function
Built-in Camera Light