CHARGING THE BATTERY
- 15 -
2. Attach the battery to the AC adaptor/charger. Align the mark "
" on the battery with that of AC
adaptor/charger and push the battery flush with the AC adaptor/charger and slide it in the direction of arrow.
NOTE: You must remove the DC cord from the AC adaptor/charger to charge the battery. If the DC cord is
connected, the "CHARGE" light will not light.
3. The "CHARGE" light will be lit while the battery is accepting a charge, and will go out when the battery is fully
Battery Pack VM-BP66
about 120 min.
The camcorder operating time depends on how often you turn power on.off and use REC/PAUSE and zoom.
about 80 min.
about 60 min.
• The operation time depends on how often you use zoom and recording pause.
• Charge the battery after use and store it at normal room temperature.
• Recharge your battery at least once every six months. The battery is a lead-acid battery. This battery tends to
discharge if not used for an extended period of time. If the battery is stored for a extended length of time without
being recharged, you may not be able to recharge it.
• A battery charged after being stored for a long period may not supply power for the specified time. Additional
rechargings will help restore the battery's operation time.
• The battery should be charged at a temperature of 50 degrees F - 86 degrees F (10 degrees C - 30 degrees C
to prevent damage.
• Do not operate the battery at temperatures below 14 degrees F -10 degrees C or above 95 degrees F (35
degrees C). The battery may be damaged if operated at temperatures above 122 degrees F (50oC). Operation
time will decrease at extremely low temperatures,
• After repeated chargings and use, the operation time will gradually decrease. When operation time becomes
too short to be useful, it is time to replace the battery.
• If the "CHARGE" light on the AC adaptor/ charger starts flashing, remove the battery and then reattach it. If
after several attempts the light continues to flash, this means your battery cannot take a charge and must be
replaced with a new one.
The "CHARGE" light will not light if a hot battery is attached to the AC adaptor/charger. Attaching an extremely
hot battery to the AC adaptor/charger is not recommended; it should be allowed to cool down before being
• Do not short the battery's terminal.
• Do not attempt to disassemble or modify the battery. There are no user serviceable parts inside.
• Throwing the battery into a fire or exposing the battery to excessive heat - over 149 degrees F (65 degrees C)
could be hazardous.
The product you have purchased is powered by a sealed lead acid battery which is recyclable. At the end of its
useful life, under various state and local laws, it is illegal to dispose of this battery into your municipal waste
Please call 1-800-HITACHI for information on how to recycle this battery.