- 12 -
clearly. If the LCD screen becomes dirty, use a soft cloth to wipe off the dirt.
• If the camcorder is used in a cold place and becomes to cold, the LCD screen will be dim for a while after the
power is turned on. When the temperature inside the camcorder rises, the brightness of the picture will become
• Do not hold by the LCD monitor as this could cause a malfunction.
• Open the LCD monitor by 90° before changing its direction. If you were to attempt to invert its direction before
opening it completely, it could cause a malfunction.
• The LCD monitor cannot be closed if it is tilted.
• Close the LCD monitor after making sure it is parallel with the camcorder. If you were to close the monitor
while it faces the same direction as the lens or it is diagonal, it could damage the LCD monitor.
• Do not disassemble the LCD monitor as this might cause a malfunction.
• When opening the LCD monitor, be careful that no water droplets adhere to the monitor screen and that no
water or dust enters the camcorder through the gap as it could cause a malfunction.
This camcorder automatically brightens the backlight of the LCD monitor when you are recording a bright
subject outdoors, so that the LCD screen is easy to see.
• When you record a bright subject outdoors, the camcorder operating time will be less than when recording
• Even if you record outdoors, the LCD monitor backlight may not brighten, if you are aiming at a dark subject.
WHEN USING WITH THE BATTERY (Provided)
• To attach, align the mark " " of the battery with that of the camcorder so that the battery fits into the grooves,
and slide the battery downward, as illustrated.
• To remove the battery:
Push and hold "BATTERY EJECT" lever, then slide the battery to the upside and remove.