After extended use, if the TV picture turns dark, the color looks unusual or LAMP INDICATOR light
turns on, then it is time to replace the lamp with a new lamp.
The lamp life may vary based on usage of the LCD Rear PTV. Turning on and off frequently may
shorten the life of the lamp.
The lamp gets very hot! The lamp may explode if improperly handled. To avoid injury, please observe the follow-
• Do not open lamp compartment or attempt to remove lamp assembly unless the lamp assembly is being replaced.
• Unplug the product’s power cord from the AC outlet before attempting to replace the lamp assembly.
• If the lamp is in use when failure occurs or if the lamp has exploded, wait at least 30-45 minutes for the lamp to
cool before opening the lamp compartment or touching the lamp assembly or any broken pieces.
• Broken lamp pieces can cause injury. Handle with gloves to avoid cuts.
• Do not place any foreign objects inside the lamp compartment.
• When installing a new lamp, follow handling instruction included with the new lamp. Do not touch glass surface of
• This product contains lead and a lamp that contains mercury. Dispose of this product and its lamp in accordance
with applicable environmental laws. For lamp recycling and disposal information, go to www.lamprecycle.org. For
product recycling and disposal information, contact your local government agency or the Electronic Industries
Alliance at www.eiae.org (in the US) or the Electronic Product Stewardship Canada at www.epsc.ca (in Canada).
For more information, call “1-800-HITACHI.”
A ”LAMP” indicator will light when lamp becomes hot. Unplug product’s power cord from the AC outlet and allow
lamp to cool for at least 30-45 minutes. If “LAMP” indicator is still lit, please contact your authorized service
center (see page 77-78).
• Contact your Hitachi dealer for a new lamp unit. Using other lamps may cause damage to the TV Set.
LAMP TYPE PART#
• When replacing the lamp, let it cool down completely, for approximately 30 to 45 minutes after the
power has been switched off and A.C. cord has been unplugged.
• Do not touch the glass of the new lamp or make it dirty which can shorten the life of the lamp and
reduce the picture quality.
• Keep the lamp out of the reach of children and away from flammable materials.
• Do not pour water onto the removed lamp or put any object inside the lamp.
• Once the lamp is removed, do not put flammable materials and metal objects inside the lamp
receptacle on the TV set. Do not touch the receptacle.
• Install the new lamp securely, otherwise the picture may become dark or it may cause severe over-
• Install the lamp cover correctly, otherwise power will not come on.