OPERATION OF REMOTE CONTROL
01, 07, 33
02, 06, 10, 24
10 Scott 20
01, 11, 24
06, 02, 03
12, 13, 38
15, 29, 30
(1) Slide TV-CATV switch to TV.
(2) Press and hold down RECALL and CH DOWN (
) on your remote control.
Then release both buttons.
(3) Within ten seconds after releasing RECALL and CH DOWN (
), enter your VCR's two-digit remote
control code number using REMOTE KEYPAD (refer to list).
• The remote control is now ready to send commands to your converter.
Some brands have more than one remote code listed due to changes in the remote codes from early to
later model years. In such cases, you may have to try more than one code to find the code your converter
Depending on the model, year produced, brand, and type of CATV converter, some models may not be
compatible with the remote control.
TO IDENTIFY YOUR CABLE CONVERTER - SEARCH METHOD.
(1) Slide TV-CATV switch on the remote to TV.
(2) Press POWER on the cable converter to On.
(3) Stand at least six feet away from the converter.
Point the remote towards the converter.
Hold down RECALL and CH UP (
) at the same time. KEEP HOLDING THE BUTTONS DOWN.
(4) Watch the Channel Number indicator on the converter. Channel numbers will scan up when the
converter has been identified.
Release the RECALL and CH (
) as soon as the channel numbers start to scan up.
The converter's remote control code number has been identified, and the remote is ready to operate the
TIPS ON IDENTIFYING YOUR CABLE CONVERTER:
Be Patient: a minute or two can seem a lot longer when you're waiting for something to happen, but the
code should be identified within two minutes. Remember, it is only a one-time set-up.
Be careful not to let the CATV converter scan more than five channels when the indicator starts to move