107 - Caring for your LifeBook Notebook
• Never write on the label surface with a ballpoint pen or pencil. Always use a felt pen.
• If a disc is dirty, use only a DVD/CD cleaner or wipe it with a clean, soft, lint free cloth starting
from the inner edge and wiping to the outer edge.
Caring for your Optical Drive
Your optical drive is durable but you must treat it with care. Please pay attention to the following points:
• The drive rotates the compact disc at a very high speed. Do not carry it around or subject it to
shock or vibration with the power on.
• Avoid using or storing the drive where it will be exposed to extreme temperatures or a damp or
• Avoid using or storing the drive near magnets or devices that generate strong magnetic fields.
• Avoid using or storing the drive where it will be subjected to shock or vibration.
• Do not disassemble or dismantle the optical drive.
• Use of a commercially available lens cleaner is recommended for regular maintenance of the drive.
Caring for your Cards
Media are durable, but you must treat them with care. The documentation supplied with your card will
provide specific information, but you should pay attention to the following points:
• To keep out dust and dirt, store cards in their protective sleeves when they are not installed.
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight or excessive heat.
• Keep the cards dry.
• Do not flex or bend the cards, and do not place heavy objects on top of them.
• Do not force cards into the slot.
• Avoid dropping cards, or subjecting them to excessive vibration.