Press the power switch to the [ | ] position to
switch the power on.
• The “Please wait...” message indicates that the machine is warming up. The machine is not
available during warming up.
• If the machine does not power on, check
• The power cord is plugged in.
• The main power is switched on.
• The <RESET> button is in the
Switching the Power Off
The following describes how to switch the power off.
Before switching the power off, make sure that the machine has completed all copy or
print jobs. Then, make sure that the <Data> indicator does not light up
• Do not switch the power off in the following situations. If the power is switched off, the
processing data may be erased.
• While data is being received
• While a job is being printed
• While a job is being copied
• While a job is being scanned
• When switching the power off, wait 5 seconds after outputs have been delivered.
Press the power switch to the [ ] position.
Important • Power off processing is performed
internally on the machine for a while after
the power is switched off. Therefore, do
not switch the main power off immediately
after switching the power off.
• When powering the machine on after it has been switched off, wait 10 seconds after the
touch screen has gone dark.
Switching the Main Power Off
The following describes how to switch the main power off.
Important • Do not switch the main power off while the touch screen displays a screen or the <Energy
Saver> button blinks. Switching off the main power may damage the hard disk and the
memory or cause a machine malfunction.