Registering/Deleting/Renaming Stored Programs
If any of the following operations is performed while a stored program is being
registered, the stored program may not be registered or may not work correctly.
- Removing or inserting a paper tray
- Loading or reloading paper in the bypass tray
If any of the following operations is performed after a stored program is registered,
the registered stored program may not be called properly.
- If the stored program has the Watermark feature and the default values of that
feature are changed.
- If the stored program has an operation for a folder and the folder passcode is
- If the settings of the control panel are changed.
- If the services assigned to the custom buttons are changed.
- If any setting is changed under [Tools] > [System Settings] > [Copy Service
Settings] > [Preset Buttons].
- If the selection is made from a list of the Address Book or Job Flow Sheet.
- If any optional components installed on the machine, such as a finisher, are
changed, and thereby the associated buttons become no longer available.
- If the measurement unit, millimeters or inches, is changed.
- If a job is selected from the list of the stored jobs in [Secure Print Jobs & More]
under Job Status.
The following features and operations cannot be registered in Stored Programming.
- Registration and call of a stored program
- System Settings
- The [Media Print - Text] and [Media Print - Photos] buttons on the [Services Home]
- The [Store to USB] button on the [Services Home] screen
- The [Network Scanning], [Job Flow Sheets], and [Web Applications] buttons on
the [Services Home] screen (ApeosPort series models only).
- The Custom button to which the Network Scanning or Job Flow Sheets service is
- The Address Book for the Fax/Internet Fax, E-mail, and Scan to PC services
- Unselectable buttons
- The [Language] button on the [Services Home] screen
- The [Screen Brightness] button on the [Services Home] screen
- Selecting items using the scroll bar
- Scrolling operation while previewing
- The [Browse] button for the Scan to PC service
- Operations to edit e-mail addresses for the E-mail service (the pop-up menu
[Keyboard], [Remove], and [Edit] displayed by selecting [Recipient(s)] or [From]).
- The <Energy Saver> button
A stored program registration is canceled when the <Interrupt> button is pressed, the
Auto Clear feature causes a time-out, or a pop-up window (such as a paper jam
Registering Stored Programs for Build Job
Up to 100 actions can be registered with one stored program for Build Job. Up to 40
stored programs can be registered in the machine.
The following describes how to register actions with stored programs.