7 Printer Environment Settings
5) Select [Enabled], and then select [Save].
Configure [Print Mode] or [Auto Eject Time] as necessary.
For information on the setting items, refer to "USB" (P.192).
Select [Close] repeatedly until the [Tools] screen is displayed.
• Rebooting the machine may be required depending on the settings. When a message
displayed on the screen, follow the message and reboot the machine.
Print a configuration report to confirm that the USB port is enabled.
For information on how to print a configuration report, refer to "Printer Reports" (P.113).
Step 3 Configuration on the Computer
To print from the machine, you need to install a print driver on your computer.
For information on the supported operating systems, refer to "Supported Operating Systems" (P.302).
For information on the driver installation procedures, refer to the manual contained in the Driver CD
• For Mac OS 9.2.2 English, and Mac OS X 10.3.9 - 10.4.11 English, Adobe PostScript 3 Kit
(optional) is required. For Mac OS X 10.5/10.6 English, you can use USB without the Adobe
PostScript 3 Kit (optional) if you install the print driver for Mac OS X contained in the CD-
ROM provided with the driver.
• For information on the installation procedures of Adobe PostScript 3 Kit (optional), refer to
the manual contained in the CD-ROM provided with the Adobe PostScript 3 Kit (optional).
CentreWare Internet Services Setting Items
You can configure the following setting items using CentreWare Internet Services:
For details on the setting items, click [Help] at the upper right corner of the CentreWare Internet
Services screen to see help.
For information on how to start CentreWare Internet Services, refer to "Starting CentreWare Internet
Receiving buffer size for the USB interface
([Properties] > [General Setup] > [Memory Settings] > [USB])
Auto Eject Time
Adobe Communication Protocol
• The Adobe Communication Protocol can be configured when the Adobe PostScript 3 Kit
(optional) is installed.
PostScript Wait Timeout
• The PostScript Wait Timeout can be configured when the Adobe PostScript 3 Kit (optional)