You can use the printer properties window, which allows you to
access all of the printer options you need when using your
printer. When the printer properties are displayed, you can
review and change the settings needed for your print job.
Your printer properties window may differ, depending on your
operating system. This Software User’s Guide shows the
Properties window for Windows XP.
Your printer driver Properties window that appears in this
User’s Guide may differ depending on the printer in use.
If you access printer properties through the Printers folder, you
can view additional Windows-based tabs (refer to your
Windows User’s Guide) and the Printer tab (see “Printer
Information Page” on page 15).
• Most Windows applications will override settings you specify
in the printer driver. Change all print settings available in the
software application first, and change any remaining settings
using the printer driver.
• The settings you change remain in effect only while you are
using the current program. To make your changes
permanent, make them in the Printers folder.
• The following procedure is for Windows XP. For other
Windows OS, refer to the corresponding Windows User's
Guide or online help.
1. Click the Windows Start button.
2. Select Printers and Faxes.
3. Select your printer driver icon.
4. Right-click on the printer driver icon and select
5. Change the settings on each tab, click OK.
The Layout tab provides options to adjust how the document
appears on the printed page. The Layout Options includes
Multiple Pages per Side and Poster Printing. See “Printing
a Document” on page 11 for more information on accessing
Paper Orientation allows you to select the direction in which
information is printed on a page.
• Portrait prints across the width of the page, letter style.
• Landscape prints across the length of the page, spreadsheet
• Rotate allows you to rotate the page the selected degrees.
Layout Options allows you to select advanced printing options.
You can choose Multiple Pages per Side and Poster Printing.
• For details, see “Printing Multiple Pages on One Sheet of Paper
(N-Up Printing)” on page 17.
• For details, see “Printing Posters” on page 18
Double-sided Printing allows you to print on both sides of
If this option does not appear, your printer does
not have this feature.
• For details, see “Printing on Both Sides of Paper” on page 19.