<Loading print media>
• To avoid damaging the printer, use only
transparencies designed for use in laser printers.
• Transparencies used in the printer must be able
to withstand 200° C (392° F), the printer’s fusing
• Place them on a flat surface after removing them
from the printer.
• Do not leave them in the paper tray for long
periods of time. Dust and dirt may accumulate
on them, resulting in spotty printing.
• To avoid smudging caused by fingerprints,
handle them carefully.
• To avoid fading, do not expose printed
transparencies to prolonged sunlight.
• Ensure that transparencies are not wrinkled,
curled, or have any torn edges.
• To avoid damaging the printer, use only labels
designed for use in laser printers.
• When selecting labels, consider the following
- Adhesives: The adhesive material should be
stable at 200° C (392° F), the printer’s fusing
- Arrangement: Only use labels with no exposed
backing between them. Labels can peel off
sheets that have spaces between the labels,
causing serious jams.
- Curl: Prior to printing, labels must lie flat with
no more than 13 mm (5 inches) of curl in any
- Condition: Do not use labels with wrinkles,
bubbles, or other indications of separation.
• Make sure that there is no exposed adhesive
material between labels. Exposed areas can
cause labels to peel off during printing, which
can cause paper jams. Exposed adhesive can
also cause damage to printer components.
• Do not run a sheet of labels through the printer
more than once. The adhesive backing is
designed for only a single pass through the
• Do not use labels that are separating from the
backing sheet or are wrinkled, bubbled, or
Card stock or
• Do not print on media smaller than 76 mm
(3 inches) wide or 127 mm (5 inches) long.
• In the software application, set margins at least
6.4 mm (0.25 inches) away from the edges of
Load the print media you use for the majority of your print jobs in the tray 1.
The tray 1 can hold a maximum of 250 sheets of 75 g/m
(20 lb) plain
You can purchase an optional tray (tray 2) and attach it below the
standard tray to load an additional 250 sheets of paper. For order
information for an optional tray, see page 7.1.
The paper level indicator on the front of the tray 1 and the optional tray 2
shows the amount of paper currently left in the tray. When the tray is empty,
the indicator of the bar is completely lowered.
• Letterhead must be printed with heat-resistant
ink that will not melt, vaporize, or release
hazardous emissions when subjected to the
printer’s fusing temperature of 200° C (392° F)
for 0.1 second.
• Letterhead ink must be non-flammable and
should not adversely affect printer rollers.
• Forms and letterhead should be sealed in a
moisture-proof wrapping to prevent changes
• Before you load preprinted paper, such as forms
and letterhead, verify that the ink on the paper is
dry. During the fusing process, wet ink can come
off preprinted paper, reducing print quality.