Frigidaire FFRE1533S1, FFRE1833S2, FFRE2233S2, FFRE2533S2 Installation Manual
Refer to Step 5 of Window Mounting for assembly of support brackets. Nail a wooden strip to the outside wall for the
angle sill bracket to rest upon. See Fig. 7.
5. Screw or nail cabinet to wooden frame using shims as needed to eliminate cabinet distortion. See Fig. 8. Remember
to maintain proper tilt as described in Step 3.
Prepare and Install Cabinet
1. Slide air conditioner from cabinet; refer back to Step 1 of Window Mounting.
2. Place cabinet into opening with bottom rail resting firmly on bottom board of wooden frame.
3. Position cabinet to achieve proper downward tilt for water removal. Unit must tilt back about 7/8" to 1 1/4" for proper
water drainage. (See FIG.5 below.)
4. Secure bottom rail to wood frame with two large wood screws 1″ (2.5 cm) long using the two holes in the bottom of
the channel resting on frame. (See FIG.6 following)
OVER BOTTOM OF FRAME
4. Build a wooden frame with the INSIDE dimensions of your model listed above. (Measure twice remember...) Frame
depth should be the same as wall thickness. Fill in the space from the opending to the studs with wood spacers, as
5. Nail frame to spacers to spacers with front flush with dry wall.
If wall thickness is 8-1/2” or more, add alumimum flashing over bottom of frame opening to assure no water can
enter area between inner and outer wall.
about 7/8″- 1 1/4″