2. Attach the three clamps packed with your
printer, then route the power cord through the
clamps at the rear of the printer.
3. Check the label on the back of the printer to
make sure the voltage required by the printer
matches that of the electrical outlet you are
4. Plug the power cord into a properly grounded
Do not use an outlet that is controlled by an
automatic timer or wall switch. Otherwise,
accidental shut down or damage to your
printer may occur.
Installing the Ink Cartridges
The ink cartridges are self-contained units.
Under ordinary use, ink will not leak from the
cartridges. If ink does get on your hands, wash
them thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets
into your eyes, flush them immediately with
1. Turn on the printer by pressing the Power
button. After a short time NO INK CARTRIDGE
is displayed on the LCD panel.
2. Push the ink compartment cover to open it.
3. Put the attached label for your ink type on the
back of the ink compartment cover.
4. Push the top of the clamp, and pull it forward.
5. Remove the package from an ink cartridge.
If you use UltraChrome or ColorFast ink
cartridges, shake the ink cartridge gently before
installing it for best results.
Do not shake cartridges that have been