Ensuring that the USB driver or IEEE 1394
driver is installed correctly in Windows (for
Windows Me, 98 and 2000 only)
After the printer software installation is complete,
confirm that the USB driver is installed correctly.
1. Click the Start button, point to Settings, and
click Printers. Make sure that the icon for your
printer appears in the Printer window.
2. Click the icon for your printer, then click
on the File menu.
3. For USB interface users, click the Details or
tab and make sure that EPUSBx:(EPSON
Stylus Pro 10600 UC, CF or DYE) is displayed
in the Print to the following port list box.
For IEEE 1394 interface users, click the Details
or Ports tab and make sure that EP1394_xxx is
selected in the Print on the port list box.
If the correct port is not displayed, refer to the
“Troubleshooting” section of the online Reference
Installing on Macintosh
Follow these steps to install your printer software.
Turn off all virus protection programs before
you install your printer software.
1. Make sure that your computer and printer are
connected and that both are turned on.
2. Turn on your Macintosh, and insert the
software CD-ROM shipped with your printer
in the CD-ROM drive. The EPSON printer
software disk opens automatically.
3. Double-click EPSON icon.
4. Choose your printer from the window, then
click the right arrow.
5. Click Install Software, then the right arrow.
6. Click Install in the dialog box that appears to
start the printer software installation.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Using the Chooser to select your printer
After you have installed the printer software on
your Macintosh, you need to open the Chooser
and select your printer. You must select a printer
the first time you use it or whenever you want to
switch to another printer. Your Macintosh will
always print using the last printer selected.
1. Select Chooser from the Apple menu. Then
click your printer’s icon and the port your
printer is connected to.
2. For USB interface users, click your printer’s
icon and the port your printer is connected to.
For IEEE 1394 interface users, click your
printer’s icon and the FireWire port your
printer is connected to.
3. Select the appropriate Background Printing
radio button to turn background printing on
With background printing on, you can use
your Macintosh while it is preparing a
document for printing. In order to use the
EPSON Monitor3 utility to manage print jobs,
background printing must be turned on.
4. Close the Chooser.